First of all, there are two forms: campaigns on search engines and referencing on specialized sites. Creating a paid search engine campaign involves buying the keywords and queries you want to position yourself at the top of the results. Search engines register the request and then show your website via an ad in the first search results.
You can also reference specialized sites to complete your paid Google referencing system. Being present as a priority on well-referenced sites, such as Pages, Booking, increases your chances of appearing in the first Google search results! Thus, you boost your business thanks to paid referencing.
Google AdWords: The Essential Element of Google Paid Referencing
Google AdWords (more recently called Google Ads) is one of Google’s paid search engine optimization solutions. A SEA digital advertising platform allows you to position yourself on keywords related to your activity with a high search volume. Thus, you increase your exposure, boost your SEO, and generate more traffic on your website!
Advertising on Google AdWords works a bit like an advertising network: sponsored links are highlighted in search results, depending on the keywords you have purchased. You have to choose, then bet on the most relevant keywords in the queries used by Internet users to find your website or those of your competitors.
Why Advertise On Google?
Having a website is essential to make your business known; obtaining visibility and generating quality traffic is just as important! And yes, what good is having a website if it is not visited? For this, nothing beats appearing in the first search results by advertising on Google. But on the internet, competition is fierce, and places are limited. It cannot be easy to position yourself in the first results. Natural and free referencing, or SEO (Search Engine Optimization), is a long-term job that requires much time and technical and editorial skills to position yourself well on competitive queries.
So please don’t panic. We have a solution: advertising on Google allows you to reach the best positions on the first page of search results. Even though Google advertising and paid search require a dedicated budget from you, it is easy to master for quick results.
One of the advantages of Google AdWords is that you only pay according to the results of your campaign: if following a Google search, Internet users click on your sponsored ad, you are charged. But if they don’t click, you pay nothing. What a bonus!
How does SEO work?
It’s simple: you bid on the keywords you want to position yourself and on the search engine where you want your advertisement to appear. To develop a SEA strategy that meets your expectations, you must choose the queries and keywords related to your activity, products (or services), offers, and catchment area.
Your advertisement appears in the pages of the targeted search engine, above and below the so-called organic results, that is to say, those obtained using an SEO natural referencing strategy. Most of the time, a Google SEA ad consists of a short and impactful title, a clickable link to direct the Internet user to your website (or a dedicated page – often called a “landing page”), descriptive content, and, sometimes, ad extensions.
As part of a SEA and marketing strategy, it is relevant to point the Google AdWords ad to a specific page on your website. Warning: the page offered to Internet users must correspond to the title and description of the ad that appears in the search engine.
In terms of advertising investment, the significant advantage with Google AdWords is that you control your budget: the cost of your SEA campaign, or paid referencing, is then flexible. This technique is called cost per click (CPC): Google charges you only if a user clicks on your ad’s sponsored link!
Online Advertising: Display Or Search?
There are two types of online advertising for your SEA SEO campaign: “search” or “display.” The search boosts your visibility in search engine results through keywords (purchased with Google AdWords). At the same time, display refers to buying advertising inserts on well-referenced sites to push banners or visuals.
How To Set Up A SEA Strategy With Google AdWords?
SEA strategy consists of choosing the right keywords by bidding on them. But if we want to go into detail, these are real-time bidding (RTB) auctions, during which advertisers set the maximum amount they are willing to allocate to one or more words. -keys. The prices then depend on the competition: the more the keyword is searched by Internet users, the more its cost increases. Google then takes care of displaying the advertisements in the search results. Top positions are awarded based on ad relevance and overall landing page quality.
There are different types of AdWords auctions: Conducting an auction strategy on AdWords can be done in an oriented way, via cost-per-acquisition (CPA) auctions, or to gain visibility with cost-per-view auctions (CPV) or cost per thousand viewable impressions (vCPM).
- The main objective of the SEA CPA bidding strategy is conversion. This Google Ads strategy (whether in search or display) maximizes the number of clicks from Internet users on your ad while achieving the defined cost per acquisition (CPA).
- vCPM and CPV auctions aim to increase visibility. The first, rolling out on the display network and YouTube, allows you to set your ad’s maximum budget per thousand viewable impressions (views). As for CPV, a cost-per-view SEA strategy concerns video ads created with Google Ads and broadcast on the display network or YouTube.
Types Of Campaigns Or Advertisements On Google
On Google, paid ads come in different formats:
- The text ad: This is a digital advertising campaign containing only words as its name suggests.
- The responsive ad: an ad whose size adjusts to the space reserved for advertising inserts.
- The illustrated advertisement: this takes the form of a static or animated image.
- The advertisement to promote an application: this is a digital advertisement that offers mobile users the download of an application.
- The video ad: a digital campaign including a video.
- The Shopping ad allows you to highlight a product by adding a photo, the price, and some additional characteristics.
- The Showcase Shopping ad allows your product to be displayed alongside similar or related products, often those most relevant to the search terms used.
- The “call only” ad: is likely to appear on devices that allow making calls, such as smartphones. On Google, this ad offers the Internet user the possibility of calling you directly.
It’s up to you to select the most relevant types of Google ads based on your activity!
How To Build Your AdWords Campaign On Google?
To build a successful AdWords campaign, you must consider the queries that your prospects are likely to search on the internet. But targeting the right keywords in Google Ads to drive traffic to your site isn’t always easy and sometimes (often!) requires understanding the system as a whole. Calling a paid Google SEO expert to conduct an AdWords campaigns audit can become a solution. An agency or paid search experts can help you optimize an AdWords campaign by targeting the right prospects and avoiding certain pitfalls.
How To Estimate The Cost Of An AdWords Campaign On Google?
Paid referencing on Google has a price, but this price depends on several elements. Paying Google for its SEO requires keeping an eye on specific elements:
READ MORE: How Much Does Google Ads Cost?
- Conversion rate: the average number of conversions following an interaction with the ad.
- Cost per acquisition (CPA): the average price charged for each click resulting in a conversion.
Tracking these metrics lets, you know how much paid search costs on Google, based on your needs and goals.
The budget for paid search can quickly melt away without regularly monitoring your campaigns. To best manage the cost of an AdWords campaign, we recommend two methods:
- The cost of an AdWords campaign is flexible, which allows you to stick to your needs and means.
- Determine a budget not to be exceeded, the price of which is set according to the advertising objectives you wish to achieve. You thus control the price of your paid referencing on Google Ads!
To set up a digital strategy with Google AdWords, you have a choice: set up your advertising campaigns yourself on Google or call on a JDM web technologies expert to have a Google AdWords account.