Valentine’s Day is certainly a holiday designed for couples, so if you’re dating or in a committed relationship, there’s a good chance you’d like to plan something romantic for your date or significant other. Heading out to a fancy dinner or hitting a wine bar may be appealing to some couples, but Valentine’s Day menus tend to be expensive and it’s often impossible to get reservations at restaurants. That said, there are some really romantic Valentine’s Day ideas you can do right at home.
The best at-home Valentine’s Day ideas make your loved one feel special, and can often be more thoughtful and memorable than going out. You can personalize the experience, and enjoy more intimacy and privacy without having other diners and couples just an arm’s length away.
If you’ve never celebrated Valentine’s Day at home before, you may want some inspiration and ideas for what to do, what foods to cook or prepare, and even how to decorate your home. We have you covered. Keep reading for romantic ideas for Valentine’s Day at home and make this Valentine’s Day a holiday that you’ll always remember.
Romantic Ideas for Valentine’s Day at Home
There are romantic ideas for valentines day room setup, which can draw you closer as a couple, save money without needing to go out, and create a memorable and intimate night. Here are a few romantic at-home Valentine’s Day ideas:
- · Create an at-home Valentine’s Day spa and give each other massages and take a bubble bath
- · Clear space in your living room for a ballroom, put together a playlist, and dance the night away
- · Have breakfast in bed
- · Have a picnic dinner on the patio or in the backyard
- · Write each other love letters and then take turns reading them to one another
- · Put together a slideshow of photos of the two of you
- · Order fancy pastries from a local bakery and have an at-home Valentine’s Day dessert tasting
At-Home Valentines Day Ideas
At-home Valentine’s Day ideas don’t have to be expensive or particularly romantic. They can also be playful, laid back, and just something the two of you would enjoy together. For example, if you both love playing video games, play cooperatively and try to get to new levels or go head-to-head and turn up the competition. Here are a few at-home Valentine’s Day ideas:
- · Have a movie night: Cuddle up and watch a new or favorite movie. Pop fresh popcorn and have a candy station with all sorts of movie theater favorites.
- · Have a game night: Turn back time and play classic board games or video games that you either enjoyed as kids or still make time for as adults. Or spice things up and play truth or dare.
- · Do a craft together: Try a fun art project like your own canvas painting and wine sipping night, or make pottery or other easy arts and crafts. You can buy kits and supplies online and follow tutorials on YouTube or craft sites.
- · Go on a scavenger hunt: Harness your creativity and set up a scavenger hunt with clues around the house ending in a gift or surprise. Use clues that point to memories or things you share together.
- · Online Cake Order : Order something online, specially order cake and enjoy the sweetest moment with your love.
- · Have a wine and cheese night: Put together a charcuterie board with fruit, wine, and cheese.
- · Go “camping”: Set up a tent indoors, make s’mores, tell ghost stories or sing songs, and cuddle together looking up at glow-in-the-dark ceiling stars.
- · Shake it up: Try your hand at making fancy cocktails together.
Valentine’s Day Decoration Ideas at Home
You can set a romantic ambience with various at-home Valentine’s Day decorations. The Valentine’s Day decorations you choose should be based on the vibe you’re going for, your budget, and your craftiness. For example, if you’d like something cutesy, you can get Valentine’s Day mylar balloons and string up pink and red crepe paper, whereas is you’re going for something elegant and seductive, a pathway of twinkling tea lights and scattered rose petals leading from the dinner table to the bathtub or bedroom may be a better fit.
There are endless possibilities for Valentine’s Day decorations at home, particularly if you’re interested in DIY Valentine’s Day decorations. Here are a few ideas:
- · Tea light candles
- · Rose petals
- · Fresh flowers like carnations, tulips, roses, or lilies
- · White duvet with red heart pillows
- · Red satin sheets
- · Twinkle lights
- · Red or pink bath towels
- · Balloons