Christopher Laird is an author who hails from Detroit, Michigan. He has written science fiction since fifteen years old. He has four published novels ORIGINS: ETERNITY’S PASSAGE ORIGINS 3, The Children of MYKIA and THE REAL Christmas Story: FROM the perspective of an alien. Christopher is transforming one of his novels The Real Meaning Of Christmas: From the perspective of an Alien and is planning to stage a production.
Hi, Christopher! We thank you for this interview. I would like to express my sincere gratitude for the Outstanding Journey as an author. Your work is now being developed into a stage show “The Real The Meaning Of Christmas: From The Perspective of an Alien ‘.
- What can viewers anticipate to get to
People should look forward to a lively production and will be entertained many funny scenes. Also, they should expect excellent singing from our lead actress and enjoy the spectacle of the most beautiful stage. Most importantly, figure out the real significance of Christmas really is.
2. Let us know a little bit about your personal background. What made you decide to become a science-fiction writer?
I started writing science fiction when I was around 15 or 16 years old. It’s been a long-term goal of mine to write the novel. In the 90’s, when I began writing, the idea of publishing novels seemed like an impossible task. In the present, I am 20 years later, with four published novels that readers are enjoying and reading.
3. Which authors make you smile?
Isaac Asimov, Frank Hubert, Franklin Dixon are among my top three.
4. Where did you draw your ideas for your story? What do you think of your characters?
I draw my main sources of inspiration Indiana Jones, Star Trek as well as a 90’s scifi show known as Quantum Leap. My fictional character Xona Bari comes from a blend of many different inspirations. A little bit of The Baroness character from the G.I Joe franchise is one of the many. A piece from Carla Tortelli from the TV show Cheers and many more.
5. What was it that you enjoyed most about making the novel “The The Real Meaning of Christmas: From The Point of View of an Alien” into the stage? What was more difficult?
Making my characters real-life characters is the most rewarding feeling I’ve ever had during this entire process. The most difficult part is locating a cast and a leading character to play Xona Bari. Her character is unique and is the main character of the show. Finding the right actor to play her.
6. Are there any desk experiences you’d like to be able to share?
There’s nothing too outrageous. I was in auditions and I was unable to connect the zoom button to work. This meant that I had talent waiting for me to find a solution to the issue. I tried a different link and it didn’t work. It took about 10 minutes to find out. We should be doing it via FaceTime because we all had smartphones.
7. What made you pick your Cast? This was your first experience using them?
I used a site known as Backstage and came across some talented individuals. I also hired actors I knew, film companies and looked on Craigslist.
8. When working with your actor, do you prefer to allow for improvisation as opposed to preferring sticking strictly to the rules of the play?
Yes. If the actor is more knowledgeable, or is able to provide any kind of knowledge which can improve the quality of the show or in some way we should do it!
9. What message does “The Meaning of Christmas From The Point of View Of An Alien is trying to convey?
The thing is, I don’t intend to offer it to anyone else and I would like everyone to be able to see it.
10. What’s the next step for you? What are you working on right now? ORIGINS 4 is on its way to shelves by 2022. There are some other surprises to be released during the year which I don’t want to release from the bag until. In the end, we’re planning to take the show in a tour and transform the show into a film.