There are different approaches to conduct research. It includes deductive and inductive research approaches. Both of the research approaches serve a different purpose. So, based on your research purpose, you have to see if a deductive approach is best suitable or the inductive one. In this article, the topic of discussion is different aspects of deductive order in research work.
What is Deductive Order?
In research work, deductive order is also termed as deductive reasoning. Deductive order is an action that is used to check whether a claim is true or not. In research work, you may have seen that research is done on a research problem or a hypothesis. In order to check if the hypothesis is correct or not, researchers use deductive order. With the help of this action, you can end up with a practical and logical conclusion to the research. In this order, you have to focus on the three main sections of research.
It includes an introduction, an explanation body and a conclusion. The accuracy of collected information matters a lot. As you have to make a conclusion based on collected information, you have to be conscious about data accuracy. A slight mistake can ruin all of your efforts, and you may have to face a defective conclusion. The examples of testing a hypothesis shared by best dissertation writing services are mentioned below:
- I am working in an organisation. The CEO of that organisation announced that the employee who will have the highest production at the end of the month, would get a bonus. The bonus would be in the form of a voucher. One of my colleagues generated the highest rate of production. Now, he will get a voucher.
In this example, you can see that the conclusion is made as per the information provided at the start. Based on the provided information, the conclusion is an accurate one. Another example of deductive order is mentioned below:
- The chairman of my department has mentioned that the enrolment in survey camp is necessary for all students. All of the students are supposed to perform their best in the survey camp. For having a final degree, the clearance of the survey camp is compulsory. As I am sick and unable to attend the survey camp, so I will not be able to have my degree this year.
Again, you can see how the basic information is utilised to make a final conclusion.
How is Deductive Method Used in Research?
Before using deductive order in research work, you must be aware of the process. Do not mix deductive order with the inductive one. The process of deductive order is totally different from inductive order. In deductive order, you are supposed to go for ‘top-down reasoning’. On the other hand, inductive order follows ‘bottom-up reasoning’. Let’s discuss how deductive order is used in research work.
- First of all, you have to state a problem for research work. The created problem would be an assumption for a particular thing.
- Read data relevant to your problem, and note down important information linked with it. The collected information can be in favour of your problem. Similarly, it can be in contrast to the problem. Read different aspects related to that problem and understand their core points.
- Based on collected information, generate a hypothesis. The hypothesis can be a unique one. In deductive order, the purpose is to test hypothesis. So, generate a hypothesis to do research on that. YYou can also get help from a good research paper writing service in this regard.
- After generating a hypothesis, the next step is to test it. While testing the hypothesis, open up your mind for critical thinking. With critical thinking, you can better evaluate different aspects related to the hypothesis. Hypothesis testing is a way to investigate the problem. For this, you need to have a proper set of skills required for testing. In hypothesis testing by deductive order, the talented researcher can perform very well. Similarly, an unskilled person would take it as the most difficult way to work on a problem. Furthermore, deductive order is supposed to test the hypothesis in different sections. In deductive order, you are not supposed to focus on a single direction, but you have to deal with multiple directions.
- The testing of the hypothesis will lead you towards a set of results. Based on the results, you have to conclude your deductive order by mentioning if the hypothesis is true or not.
What is The Purpose of Deductive Method?
The purpose of deductive order is to make final decisions. It serves very well in the field of research. Research requires proper justification for any statement. For providing a logical justification that has a real ground base, the deductive method is used. Based on the results obtained through the deductive method, you can conclude your topic effectively. Similarly, at the organisational level deductive method is used for decision making. On the other hand, deductive method serves the purpose of developing interpersonal skills. You can improve your investigating skills.
Why is Deductive Research Important?
In research work, deductive order is considered important because of its benefits. It has proved to be a very effective approach for saving time in research. It provides you clear cut answer for the designed hypothesis. Therefore, the chances of confusion decrease up to a great extent. By using deductive order, you spend a short time on testing, and you get more time for practical implementation. Deductive research is important as it provides you with logical justification for any work.
It is not suitable for all of academic research works. So, you need to see if deductive order is best suitable to address a problem or inductive order.
Deductive order is used frequently in research work. The usage of deductive order is simple as well as straightforward. Similarly, it provides straightforward results. All of the hypotheses are tested through a deductive approach to research. Furthermore, this research approach works well to develop practical research skills. At an academic and organisational level, the deductive approach works well.