Sometimes a modern projector screens becomes the only possible option to expand the capabilities of a small personal computer. This happens when the information on the screen of your laptop needs to be conveyed to a large number of people. With the help of a projector, you can easily broadcast the desired image on a large screen of the required size. This does not require special knowledge. You can easily figure it out yourself by reading our information material.
To connect a laptop and a projector, you need to prepare a standard interface cable. To do this, you can use a standard cable with HDMI connectors. As a rule, they are included in the delivery of personal computers and other electronic equipment. Or, you can purchase it from any computer accessory store. However, before visiting the store, make sure that your laptop is equipped with the appropriate connector. You can easily find it on the left side of the case.
personal computer. Most manufacturers place HDMI connectors on the vertical planes of the case. Sometimes in laptops with a thin body for transmitting high-definition digital video, more compact connectors are used – miniHDMI, and in exceptional cases, microHDMI.
Naturally, when choosing an HDMI connection cable for connecting a projector and a laptop, you should take into account the type of HDMI connector on your laptop. Select the desired option from three possible options, the latter, by the way, is used to connect a GoPro camera to a TV:
In electronics stores, such an accessory costs approximately 1000 rubles. Be sure to select the correct cable length when purchasing. For example, in the case when the projector is installed under the ceiling, a cable up to 3 meters long is used for physical connection with the computer.
When it is impossible to connect two electronic devices with a cable, a wireless Wi-Fi connection is used. To do this, first check your projector’s documentation to make sure it connects to Wi-Fi networks. Otherwise, you will need to purchase a wireless adapter, also called a Wi-Fi dongle. This device has some connection features, which we will discuss below.
We connect the projector and laptop with an HDMI connection cable
The design of the HDMI connector is such that it can be connected with a cable while the electronic device is running. We believe that such a connection can lead to irreversible consequences. There is a high probability of accumulation of electric charges on the surface of clothing, which, at the time of connecting the connector, can damage electronic components.
Therefore, before making electrical contact between the cable and the electronic device, touch a massive metal object with your hand, thereby removing the charge of static electricity from you.
Any personal computer or laptop has a screen that displays an image. Forms it in the hardware part of the video card. Office applications or standard software (browsers, etc.) use the video card built into the processor. 3D games place special demands on image performance and use a discrete graphics card to generate the image.
Which video card – built-in or external to use when working with a particular application, the laptop software determines automatically. However, it is usually the built-in video card that forms the image for display on the screen through the projector. This point should be taken into account, since it has lower performance compared to an external video card. Therefore, when broadcasting video games in the graphics card utility, you should select a discrete graphics card.
When working in Windows 10, you need to allow video broadcasting to the projector, for this, set the work with multiple displays in the settings
To do this, in the menu “Start / System / Display / Multiple displays” activate “Detect”. After scanning and detecting the projector, you need to determine the operation scheme:
- the image from the computer display is transmitted to the projector screen,
- the head is selected from the group of electronic devices.
- In Windows 10, it is possible to quickly display an image on a projector screen. Press the hot keys Win + P and in the menu that appears, select the method for displaying the image. The names of the points are concise, but informative enough to make the right decision on your own.
- In addition, most laptops have additional options for instant image output to the projector. As a rule, the key combination Fn + F1 (display / monitor) is used for this. Some manufacturers assign this function to other keys.
We display the image on the projector screen using a wireless Wi-Fi connection
- On a laptop with Windows 10 installed, go to Start / Settings / System / Display. Select “Connect to a wireless display”. A vertical “Connect” menu appears on the right side of the screen, which displays a list of detected devices.
- In the picture, this is Samsung 6 series. But the wireless connection will be established with a specialized wireless adapter, such as a Wi-Fi dongle. Activate the model selection by pressing and then on the wireless device confirm the connection request.
- Don’t worry if the first connection attempts fail. It takes some time for the laptop to send the signal encryption keys to the wireless adapter. Once the connection is established, you can control and project the projector from any Wi-Fi network