The government of West Bengal has simplified the process of maintaining the state land records through Banglarbhumi. The portal has digitised all the land/property related information and offers several allied services for the benefit of the people of the state. The website has been designed keeping in mind accessibility, ease and convenience of the users.
Services Provided on Banglarbhumi
Banglarbhumi provides detailed information about any land in West Bengal. Registered users can access a number of useful services through the portal. These include:
- Land record details
- Record of Rights
- Online land registration and certificate
- Management of mutation process
- Digital mauza map of land
- Khatian and plot information
- Land distribution details
- Thika tenancy
- Demarcation of Indo-Bangladesh boundary
- Public grievance filing
Benefits of Using Banglarbhumi
Banglarbhumi offers many advantages to its users such as:
- One can access the different features and services on the site for free.
- Accurate information on land/property is available making it easier to establish ownership details and minimise land disputes, prohibited deals and illegal occupation.
- Residents can check land records from their computers or mobile phones in minutes. This saves them considerable time, money and effort otherwise consumed in visiting government offices for any land-related data.
- The portal has simplified the entire process of buying and selling land/property.
- It maintains transparency between the concerned authorities and the people.
Banglarbhumi Registration Process
Residents need to first register on the website to avail of the facilities offered through Banglarbhumi. They can easily sign up with the following steps:
- Visit the official website https://banglarbhumi. gov.in/
- Click ‘Sign Up’ tab on the homepage
- Enter the details as required – name, guardian’s name, address, municipality, street name, PIN, email id, phone number and create your password
- Type in captcha code and click ‘Submit’
- Now, enter the OTP received on your mobile and email id to complete the registration process.
Login Process on Banglarbhumi
You must remember your user details every time you log in to the website. The process is mentioned below:
- Click on ‘Sign In’ tab on the homepage
- Enter your User ID and Password in the specified fields. Type in the captcha code and click on ‘Login’
- After logging in, you can look up any information or service on Banglarbhumi.
How to View Land Records on Banglarbhumi
If you wish to view your land records online, just follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Click on ‘Know Your Property’ option on the homepage
- You can then search by khatian or by plot. Select the relevant option and then choose your district, block and mauza from the drop-down list
- Enter captcha code and click ‘View’.
Checking RS and LR Information
Users seeking information on RS and LR can follow the steps listed here:
- Click the ‘Citizen Services’ option on the homepage
- Select the ‘RS/LR’ option, district name, block and mauza
- Choose your desired option in LR or RS and enter the plot number
- Click ‘Search’.
Search Plot Information with Query Number
If residents want to check plot details with their query number, they can follow these steps:
- Click ‘Query Search’ option on the homepage
- Fill in particulars like query number, query year and captcha code
- Press the ‘Show’ button.
Land Conversion Application on Banglarbhumi
One can apply for online land conversion in a few easy steps as stated below:
- Select ‘Online Application’ tab on the homepage
- Choose ‘Conversion Application’ option and fill in the specifics such as district name, block, police station, mauza details, jurisdiction list no., khatian no.(RS and LR), plot no. (RS and LR), area of plot (RS and LR) and existing classification of plot
- Click ‘Submit’. You will then receive an application reference number.
You must also submit the following documents along with your application:
- Mutation certificate
- Current Record of Rights
- Rent receipt
- Sketch map showing principal property and its surroundings
- Affidavit for compensatory water body
- Copy of ‘No Objection Certificate’ from West Bengal Pollution Control Board
- Detailed Project Report (DPR) examined by the authorities
How to Apply for Mutation on Banglarbhumi
Mutation is the process of changing the title/ownership of property from one person to another during its transfer. Mutation can be done only after a property has been registered.
This process can be facilitated online through the following steps:
- Select ‘Mutation Application’ under ‘Online Application’ tab on the homepage
- Enter particulars as required – applicant details, transferee details and essential documents
- Upload all the necessary documents – registered deed, legal heir, chain deeds, etc. to complete the registration process
- Now, choose ‘Online Application’ menu to select ‘Fees Payment’ option
- Fill in the request type, application number and then click ‘Next’
- If you pay using ‘Online Mode’ (GRIPS Netbanking and Debit Card), the mutation number will be generated instantly
- Click ‘Submit’. The authorities will then receive the mutation request online and you will be given an acknowledgement slip.
Residents of West Bengal can now conveniently install the Banglarbhumi mobile app, Jomir Tothya, on their mobile phones for quicker access to the state land records. Banglarbhumi has simplified the application procedures and streamlined land data documentation, maintenance and verification.