Benefits of Gel Massages
Today’s lifestyle has caused people to change their eating and sleeping habits. This causes the deprivation of many vital elements essential for the body’s functioning. Magnesium is one of them, and lack of it has many side effects. Basically, magnesium gel is a combination of ancient magnesium and aloe vera extracts that has healing powers. The gel dosage varies from person to person, depending on the intended purpose. This gel has two primary uses, health and cosmetic purposes. The main ingredients of the gel are water, glycerin, organic aloe vera extracts, Zechstein magnesium chloride, and hydroxypropyl starch phosphate. The percentage of each component differs from brand to brand. The gel that contains a more significant portion of magnesium and aloe vera is expensive compared to the one that includes these in low amounts.
Benefits of using magnesium gel:
- Helps relieve back pain- Back pain is caused by improper sitting posture, stress, anxiety, and excessive physical activity. Rubbing this gel after a long day on the spine and hip thrusts relaxes the bones and recovers the muscles. A nice deep massage allows a person to calm themselves, which releases positive hormones and eventually reduces the stress levels in the body. Hence, it helps relieve chronic back pain.
- Magnesium is a vital mineral that everybody needs- In today’s world, where people’s eating habits are not proper and sufficient, many people are prone to diabetes, high blood pressure, fatigue, and whatnot. Most of the population does not know their daily nutrient intake requirements and consumes whatever the media shows as right. The magnesium gel is massaged, absorbed into the skin, and penetrates the body. This is advantageous as today’s youth, who are fitness-conscious, are deprived of magnesium. It helps in the process of detoxification as it fights against harmful elements like zinc, aluminium, and lead that are present in excess in the body.
- Pre and post-workout benefits- Many athletes and professional players stay active due to good massages after a game. A good massage using the gel reduces soreness and speeds up muscle recovery. This is extremely helpful for people looking to bulk or shred as they lift weights and muscles need recovery after a long gym session. There are days when a person cannot work out with the same intensity as they did a few days ago. This is common with many fitness freaks and athletes who feel fatigued after a certain period. Using this gel every morning, night, or right before a workout increases the performance as it boosts the muscles and gives the person instant energy. It also helps the body fight against inflammation which gradually increases the strength and endurance of the person in the long run.
- Cosmetic benefits- The transdermal application process of the gel can be quite beneficial for the skin. This material is absorbent into the skin and helps treat acne and after-effects. The dark spots and patches that remain after pimples vanish can be removed using this gel. Results might differ from person to person. Hence, the amount and time of application have to be done accordingly.
- Improving mental health- A good massage with this gel helps to attract positive thoughts and release negative ones. When cortisol hormone is produced in excess by the adrenal glands in stressful situations, the blood sugar levels increase, causing the person to panic. This can be avoided when there is perfect magnesium content in the body. This prevents stress and reduces the chances of depression. This also helps in reducing hyperactivity and nerve dysfunction.